Mineral King Room
The Mineral King Room opened in 2017 and gives visitors a look at some of the Society’s collections. This beautiful space was made possible with private donations, reduced rates from local contractors, and a partnership with the Three Rivers Museum. The room houses both permanent and rotating exhibits ranging the discovery of Mineral King by pioneer settlers, building the road, mining, cabins, trails, dams, the Disney era, and how the area became a part of Sequoia National Park. Mineral King’s historic structures and sites include mines and mills from the 1870s, a road constructed in 1879, lumbering sites (ca. 1870-1890), Mt. Whitney Power Company dams (1904-1906), and the cabins, which date from 1895 to the 1950s.